Home - Gallery

 

Kilchurn Castle

 
 
 

Kilchurn Castle, Loch Awe, Argyll

Kilchurn Castle was built in the mid-15th century by the Campbells of Glenorchy. It was later used as a barracks for government troops during the 1715 and 1745 Jacobite rebellions. In 1760 the castle was badly damaged by lightning and was abandoned.

Ref: H029

Buy Print

 
 
   
 
 

   

All images Neil Ritchie 2014 | Email: mail@neilritchiephotography.com